Kanjiro Kawai Tea bowl, Three-colored type
H8.2×W15.1cm with a signed box 1960s [Sold]
Kanjiro Kawai 河井 寛次郎
1890 Born in Aki city, Shimane prefecture.
1914 Completed ceramic industrial course at current Tokyo Institute of
Worked at Kyoto research institute for ceramics.
1920 Began ceramics at Gojozaka in Kyoto.
Named his studio as 'Shokeiyo' (Shokei kiln)
Produced pieces which got ideas from Chinese wares.
1922 Gained a great reputation after a solo exhibition in Tokyo.
1924 Influenced by slipwares.
1926 Involved with Mingei movement with Soetsu Yanagi and Shoji Hamada.
Produced pieces of simple form with unique design.
1937 Won a Grand prix at the Paris Universal Exposition.
1949 More crative pieces were produced afterwards.
1966 Passed away at the age of 76.
Item Number ： Sold out
Please contact us CONTACT
- Main Artists and Categories
- Small cup
- Rosanjin Kitaoji
- Shoji Kamoda
- Mineo Okabe
- Toyozo Arakawa
- Munemaro Ishiguro
- Hazan Itaya
- Imaemon Imaizumi
- Tokuro Kato
- Hajime Kato
- Takuo Kato
- Toyo Kaneshige
- Sozan Kaneshige
- Guro Kamiguchi
- Kanjiro Kawai
- Handeishi Kawakita
- Chikusyun Kawase
- Kakiemon Sakaida
- Rokubei Kiyomizu
- Yaichi Kusube
- Uichi Shimizu
- Fujio Koyama
- Yuzo Kondo
- Osamu Suzuki
- Koichi Tamura
- Kaiji Tsukamoto
- Seimei Tsuji
- Yasokichi Tokuda
- Kenkichi Tomimoto
- Muan Nakazato
- Bernard Leach
- Shoji Hamada
- Nodo Fujimoto
- Kei Fujiwara
- Kosei Matsui
- Koheiji Miura
- Kyuwa Miwa
- Kyusetsu Miwa
- Kazuo Yagi
- Jyozan Yamada
- Morihiro Wada
- Rosanjin Kitaoji: Bowl, Unkin - Cherry ...
- Toyozo Arakawa: Sake cup, Shino type
- Kanjiro Kawai : Tea bowl, Three colored ...
- Shoji Kamoda: Painted sake cup
- Denchu Hiragushi: Daikokuten
- Yutaka Kondo: Flower vase, Black glaze, ...
- Toyozo Arakawa: Sake bottle, Kiseto type
- Tokuro Kato: Sake cup, Shino type
- Shoji Hamada: Flat vase, Kaki glaze, Gre...
- Toyozo Arakawa: Sake bottle, Shino type
- Munemaro Ishiguro: Tea pot, Red painting...
- Kakiemon Sakaida xiv: Incense burner, Ni...
- Kyuwa Miwa: Tea bowl, Hagi type
- Toyo Kaneshige : Plate with a hand, Bize...