Rosanjin Kitaoji Bowl, E-seto type, carrizo design
Rosanjin Kitaoji 北大路 魯山人
1883 Born in Shimogamo Kitaoji, Kyoto.
1907 Began his career as a calligrapher in Tokyo.
1916 Wandered around Korea, China, Shiga, Fukui, and Kanazawa. Returned to Kyoto.
1919 Opened his antique shop in Tokyo.
1921 Began 'Bishoku club' (Gourmet's club) which serves his food with his collections.
1925 Began 'Hoshigaoka Saryo'. (Members-only restaurant)
1928 Built 'Hoshigaoka kiln' in Kamakura for producing dishes used in the restaurant. His reputation rose as his works exhibited in department stores and the restaurant.
1935 Started focusing on producing ceramics.
1936 Left the management of the restaurant.
1937 The first exhibition of his new works held at Ginza Kuroda Touen.
1939 The Hoshigaoka kiln was blisk holding about 50 staff around this year.
1942 Evacuation in Ishikawa prefecture. Produced lacquer ware there.
1954 Held a solo exhibition in New York, invited by Rockefeller Foundation.
Visited U.S. and Europe.
1955 Declined certification of a living national treasure.
1956 Actively held exhibitions in Tokyo, Kyoto and Nagoya.
1959 Passed away at the age of 77.
Item Number ： Sold
Please contact us CONTACT
- Main Artists and Categories
- Small cup
- Rosanjin Kitaoji
- Shoji Kamoda
- Mineo Okabe
- Toyozo Arakawa
- Munemaro Ishiguro
- Hazan Itaya
- Imaemon Imaizumi
- Tokuro Kato
- Hajime Kato
- Takuo Kato
- Toyo Kaneshige
- Sozan Kaneshige
- Guro Kamiguchi
- Kanjiro Kawai
- Handeishi Kawakita
- Chikusyun Kawase
- Kakiemon Sakaida
- Rokubei Kiyomizu
- Yaichi Kusube
- Uichi Shimizu
- Fujio Koyama
- Yuzo Kondo
- Osamu Suzuki
- Koichi Tamura
- Kaiji Tsukamoto
- Seimei Tsuji
- Yasokichi Tokuda
- Kenkichi Tomimoto
- Muan Nakazato
- Bernard Leach
- Shoji Hamada
- Nodo Fujimoto
- Kei Fujiwara
- Kosei Matsui
- Koheiji Miura
- Kyuwa Miwa
- Kyusetsu Miwa
- Kazuo Yagi
- Jyozan Yamada
- Morihiro Wada
- Toyozo Arakawa: Sake cup, Shino type
- Kanjiro Kawai : Tea bowl, Three colored ...
- Shoji Kamoda: Painted sake cup
- Denchu Hiragushi: Daikokuten
- Yutaka Kondo: Flower vase, Black glaze, ...
- Toyozo Arakawa: Sake bottle, Kiseto type
- Tokuro Kato: Sake cup, Shino type
- Shoji Hamada: Flat vase, Kaki glaze, Gre...
- Toyozo Arakawa: Sake bottle, Shino type
- Munemaro Ishiguro: Tea pot, Red painting...
- Kakiemon Sakaida xiv: Incense burner, Ni...
- Kyuwa Miwa: Tea bowl, Hagi type
- Toyo Kaneshige : Plate with a hand, Bize...
- Shoji Kamoda : Sake cup 1980