Mineo Okabe Sake cup, Ash glaze type
Mineo Okabe 岡部 嶺男
1919 Born in Seto, Aichi prefecture.
1937 Graduated from Seto Ceramic High School.
1938 Entered into Tokyo University of Science.
1940 Dropped out from the university. Entered into the army of inner Mongolia.
1947 Demobilization from the army. Settled in Hiradobashi, Aichi. (current Toyota city)
1949 Independently began ceramics in Hiradobashi. Married to Tatsuko.
1955 Received the award of the Japanese Ceramics Society at the first time.
1963 Started focusing on researching celadon. Moved to Nisshin, Aichi.
1965 Succeeded in producing ‘Funseiji’ (粉青瓷) Powdery Celadon. Received a Medal with Dark Blue Ribbon.
1969 Dedication of a set of Celadon vases to Umenoma room of Imperial Household Agency.
1970 Succeeded in producing Yohen Beishokuji. (窯変米色瓷)
1978 Hospitalization by cerebral hemorrhage. Changed his sir name from Kato to Okabe.
1989 Exhibition of new works from recovery at Matsuzakaya department store in Nagoya.
1990 Passed away at the age of 70.
2011 Retrospective exhibition [Destiny] at Ginza Kuroda Touen.
Item Number ： Sold
Please contact us CONTACT
- Main Artists and Categories
- Small cup
- Rosanjin Kitaoji
- Shoji Kamoda
- Mineo Okabe
- Toyozo Arakawa
- Munemaro Ishiguro
- Hazan Itaya
- Imaemon Imaizumi
- Tokuro Kato
- Hajime Kato
- Takuo Kato
- Toyo Kaneshige
- Sozan Kaneshige
- Guro Kamiguchi
- Kanjiro Kawai
- Handeishi Kawakita
- Chikusyun Kawase
- Kakiemon Sakaida
- Rokubei Kiyomizu
- Yaichi Kusube
- Uichi Shimizu
- Fujio Koyama
- Yuzo Kondo
- Osamu Suzuki
- Koichi Tamura
- Kaiji Tsukamoto
- Seimei Tsuji
- Yasokichi Tokuda
- Kenkichi Tomimoto
- Muan Nakazato
- Bernard Leach
- Shoji Hamada
- Nodo Fujimoto
- Kei Fujiwara
- Kosei Matsui
- Koheiji Miura
- Kyuwa Miwa
- Kyusetsu Miwa
- Kazuo Yagi
- Jyozan Yamada
- Morihiro Wada
- Toyozo Arakawa: Sake cup, Shino type
- Kanjiro Kawai : Tea bowl, Three colored ...
- Shoji Kamoda: Painted sake cup
- Denchu Hiragushi: Daikokuten
- Yutaka Kondo: Flower vase, Black glaze, ...
- Toyozo Arakawa: Sake bottle, Kiseto type
- Tokuro Kato: Sake cup, Shino type
- Shoji Hamada: Flat vase, Kaki glaze, Gre...
- Toyozo Arakawa: Sake bottle, Shino type
- Munemaro Ishiguro: Tea pot, Red painting...
- Kakiemon Sakaida xiv: Incense burner, Ni...
- Kyuwa Miwa: Tea bowl, Hagi type
- Toyo Kaneshige : Plate with a hand, Bize...
- Shoji Kamoda : Sake cup 1980