Yagi Kazuo Black ware
h11.5×w35.0×ｄ26.0cm 1977 with a signed box Sold
Kazuo Yagi 八木一夫
1918 Born in Higashiyama, Kyoto.
1931 Entered the the sculpture course at the Kyoto Municipal School of Arts and crafts.
1939 Joined the army. Discharged from the army the next year.
1943 Became a teacher at Ritsumeikan Junior High School.
1946 Left teaching, and started focusing on producing ceramics.
Formed a young ceramic artists group, ‘Seinen Sakuto Shudan’.
Dissolved two years later.
1948 Founded ‘Sodeisha’ with Osamu Suzuki, Hikaru Yamada, and others.
1954 Created The walk of Mr. Samsa.
1955 Began Unglazed ceramics.
1957 Began Black ware.
1959 Won Gold medal for ‘Vase, Iron Inlay’ at the Internstional Exhibition of Ceramics,
Ostend in Belgium.
1962 Won a gold medal at the 3rd International Ceramic Exhibition in Prague by
‘Monument, Queen Consort’.
1970 Shown at the exhibition ‘Contemporary Ceramics Art-Europe and Japan’
at the National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto and Tokyo.
1971 Became a professor of the Kyoto Municipal College of Fine Arts.
Designed the medals of the 11th Winter Olympic in Sapporo.
1973 Investigated the Middle East as a captain of Silk road research team.
Won the first prize at Japan Ceramic Association.
1974 Show at Ginza Kuroda Touen. ‘ Contemporary Ceramic plaque exhibition’
1976 Published a collection of essays - ‘Kaichu no Fukei’.
1978 Show at Isetan department store. ‘The 60th Anniversary of his Birth’.
1979 Passed away at the age of 60.
Item Number ： Sold
Please contact us CONTACT
- Main Artists and Categories
- Small cup
- Rosanjin Kitaoji
- Shoji Kamoda
- Mineo Okabe
- Toyozo Arakawa
- Munemaro Ishiguro
- Hazan Itaya
- Imaemon Imaizumi
- Tokuro Kato
- Hajime Kato
- Takuo Kato
- Toyo Kaneshige
- Sozan Kaneshige
- Guro Kamiguchi
- Kanjiro Kawai
- Handeishi Kawakita
- Chikusyun Kawase
- Kakiemon Sakaida
- Rokubei Kiyomizu
- Yaichi Kusube
- Uichi Shimizu
- Fujio Koyama
- Yuzo Kondo
- Osamu Suzuki
- Koichi Tamura
- Kaiji Tsukamoto
- Seimei Tsuji
- Yasokichi Tokuda
- Kenkichi Tomimoto
- Muan Nakazato
- Bernard Leach
- Shoji Hamada
- Nodo Fujimoto
- Kei Fujiwara
- Kosei Matsui
- Koheiji Miura
- Kyuwa Miwa
- Kyusetsu Miwa
- Kazuo Yagi
- Jyozan Yamada
- Morihiro Wada
- Toyozo Arakawa: Sake cup, Shino type
- Kanjiro Kawai : Tea bowl, Three colored ...
- Shoji Kamoda: Painted sake cup
- Denchu Hiragushi: Daikokuten
- Yutaka Kondo: Flower vase, Black glaze, ...
- Toyozo Arakawa: Sake bottle, Kiseto type
- Tokuro Kato: Sake cup, Shino type
- Shoji Hamada: Flat vase, Kaki glaze, Gre...
- Toyozo Arakawa: Sake bottle, Shino type
- Munemaro Ishiguro: Tea pot, Red painting...
- Kakiemon Sakaida xiv: Incense burner, Ni...
- Kyuwa Miwa: Tea bowl, Hagi type
- Toyo Kaneshige : Plate with a hand, Bize...
- Shoji Kamoda : Sake cup 1980