Kenkichi Tomimoto Square bottle, porcelain, overglaze enamels
h20.3×w9.0cm 1957 with a signed box Sold
Kenkichi Tomimoto 富本 憲吉
1886 Born in Ando village, Nara prefecture.
1904 Entered the design course at the Tokyo School of Fine Arts.
1908 Studied architecture and interior decoration in England.
1910 Returned to Japan.
Began woodprint and other fine arts.
1913 Began Raku ware influenced by Bernard Leach.
1919 Began white porcelain.
1926 Involved with Mingei movement with Shoji Hamada and
1927 Moved to Soshigaya, Tokyo.
1935 Became a professor at Musashino Art University.
1944 became a professor at Tokyo School of Fine Arts.
1946 Resigned his position. Moved to Kyoto.
1948 Solo exhibition at Ginza Kuroda Touen.
1949 Show at Ginza Kuroda Touen. ‘Kenkichi Tomimoto- Ceramic Plaque Exhibition’
1950 Became a professor at Kyoto City University of Fine Arts.
1955 Designated the first Living National Treasure.
1961 Received the Order of Cultural Merit.
1963 Became a president at Kyoto City University of Fine Arts.
Passed away at the age of 77.
Item Number ： Sold
Please contact us CONTACT
- Main Artists and Categories
- Small cup
- Rosanjin Kitaoji
- Shoji Kamoda
- Mineo Okabe
- Toyozo Arakawa
- Munemaro Ishiguro
- Hazan Itaya
- Imaemon Imaizumi
- Tokuro Kato
- Hajime Kato
- Takuo Kato
- Toyo Kaneshige
- Sozan Kaneshige
- Guro Kamiguchi
- Kanjiro Kawai
- Handeishi Kawakita
- Chikusyun Kawase
- Kakiemon Sakaida
- Rokubei Kiyomizu
- Yaichi Kusube
- Uichi Shimizu
- Fujio Koyama
- Yuzo Kondo
- Osamu Suzuki
- Koichi Tamura
- Kaiji Tsukamoto
- Seimei Tsuji
- Yasokichi Tokuda
- Kenkichi Tomimoto
- Muan Nakazato
- Bernard Leach
- Shoji Hamada
- Nodo Fujimoto
- Kei Fujiwara
- Kosei Matsui
- Koheiji Miura
- Kyuwa Miwa
- Kyusetsu Miwa
- Kazuo Yagi
- Jyozan Yamada
- Morihiro Wada
- Toyozo Arakawa: Sake cup, Shino type
- Kanjiro Kawai : Tea bowl, Three colored ...
- Shoji Kamoda: Painted sake cup
- Denchu Hiragushi: Daikokuten
- Yutaka Kondo: Flower vase, Black glaze, ...
- Toyozo Arakawa: Sake bottle, Kiseto type
- Tokuro Kato: Sake cup, Shino type
- Shoji Hamada: Flat vase, Kaki glaze, Gre...
- Toyozo Arakawa: Sake bottle, Shino type
- Munemaro Ishiguro: Tea pot, Red painting...
- Kakiemon Sakaida xiv: Incense burner, Ni...
- Kyuwa Miwa: Tea bowl, Hagi type
- Toyo Kaneshige : Plate with a hand, Bize...
- Shoji Kamoda : Sake cup 1980